This job has now expired
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To be responsible for progressing all aspects of the team’s work programme including statutory planning casework, pre-application negotiations, urban design studies (including input to master plans etc), conservation areas and historic building matters, housing regeneration and relevant policy development. To provide a consistent and effective service regarding all design related matters to Development Control and ensure effective liaison with other officers on specific planning and design related projects. To contribute to the continued enhancement of the design quality and sustainability of new development in the borough through effective negotiation and the team’s management of the Hackney Design Panel.
• To achieve timely, effective planning outcomes which uphold the Council’s Core Values and meets the challenges of Best Value and Comprehensive Performance Assessment.
• To deputise for the Team Manager as required.
• To ensure statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer focussed manner, optimising available resources.
• To represent the Council as an expert spokesperson on issues related to the functional area.
• To be a lead officer for the Authority in their particular area of specialisation
• To continually review professional standards to ensure the health and external recognition and accreditation of the Unit