This job has now expired
International Senior Urban Designer
My client, a multi disciplinary, is looking to recruit for a Senior Urban Designer to assist with projects based in the Middle East.
The suitable candidate would need to be based in their Middle Eastern for majority of the contract but with some time based in their London office. The position includes responsibilities for forward design andcoordination, as well as undertaking related on site short time assignments in various countries.
Work will include but not limited to:
- Undertaking site and context analysis and identifying potentialities and constraints to maximize the potential for good urban design
- Generating urban design concepts, massing plans and preparing site layouts and land subdivision plans for residential, industrial, tourist and mixed use developments
- Providing input on urban design guidelines for special character areas and streetscape schemes
- Coordination with transportation and infrastructure engineers and landscape architects
- Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor degree in Architecture and a postgraduate degree/diploma in Urban
Requirements for this position
- Relevant work experience on urban design projects at a Senior level
- Excellent design skills, good knowledge of sustainable development principles, able to work within a team
- Excellent hand illustration / sketching skills
- Good working knowledge of Adobe software packages
- Ability write detailed reports
Candidates with previous experience of working in the Gulf would bepreference. The contract would be an ongoing and hourly rates are negotiable.
Should this position be suitable; please forward your up to date CV to me, firstname.lastname@example.org