This job has now expired
TerraQuest provides an outsourced Development Management service to the London Borough of Hillingdon delivering Minor and Other applications totaling up to 3000 applications per year.
We are looking for self-motivated, organised, driven and efficient planning officers able to prioritise applications in order to work under pressure to tight and demanding deadlines. You will be part of a ‘virtual’ team, which will not have a fixed office desk location, but must be able to travel regularly to the Hillingdon area for site visits, Duty cover and team meetings.
The successful candidate may choose to be employed full or part time on a PAYE or self employed basis. The remuneration for directly employed full time staff will be a base salary of £20,000 with a bonus payment scheme for additional cases processed (to max £30,000). Self employed staff will be paid per case.) (Please state your preference upon application).
Qualifications and Experience:
· Candidates should possess a degree in Town & Country Planning, in terms of experience it is essential to have directly relevant Development Management case work with 1 year’s experience being essential and 2 year’s being desirable.
· Membership of a relevant professional body (RTPI) is desirable.
· Track record of processing Minor and Other cases
· Able to achieve quality and high levels of productivity to meet and exceed performance targets
· Industry knowledge (Local Government / Development Management) [essential].
· Contemporary knowledge of performance indicators, e-government standards, Town & Country Planning legislation, GDPO Regulations and planning policy [essential].
· Familiarity with the principles of computerised business applications designed to support planning services [essential]
· Familiarity with the principles of Electronic Document Management Systems, and the issues related with the collation of data held within [essential]
· Be based in or within easy reach of Uxbridge / Hillingdon, within 1 hours travel. [Essential]
· Have a full driving license and use of a car for business purposes [essential]
To apply please forward your CV, along with your application detailing why you should be taken on for this role, along with details of your most recent remuneration package and your availability to start work.
TerraQuest is an equal opportunities employer.