This job has now expired
South Cambridgeshire District Council - Planning & New Communities
Historic Buildings Officer (permanent contract)
£27,835 - £34,863 (Job Evaluation pending)
South Cambridgeshire tops polls for quality of life, combining attractive villages and countryside with proximity to Cambridge. Heritage is a big part of its appeal, with 85 conservation areas and 2,660 listed buildings. The district is also a focus for growth, from High and Bio tech industries to new settlements, and offers exciting challenges and opportunities.
You will join our historic buildings team, who is committed to conservation and can manage heritage change in a positive and creative way. You will be able to deal with a challenging caseload, balance a range of factors and provide an excellent customer service.
You will be:
• Providing information and advice, and working with applicants, agents and others to achieve successful schemes
• Dealing with listed building consent applications and planning applications affecting conservation areas
• Promoting the value of historic buildings and securing their future
You will have:
• Building conservation, planning or architectural qualifications at degree level or above
• Knowledge of architectural history, building conservation and relevant planning and heritage legislation and policy
• Experience of working with historic buildings, including listed building and/or conservation area casework, involving repairs, restoration and new design
• The ability to assess and make decisions about individual and sometimes complex cases
• Good communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
• A commitment to good customer service including a helpful and flexible approach
• The ability to work as an effective member of a team
• Good IT skills
For an informal discussion contact David Bevan, Conservation & Design Manager, on 01954 713177.
To apply and for further information, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
Closing date: 19 March 2012.